Sunday, May 29, 2022

Sunday With Blackthorn - Today We Discuss A Comparison of the .357 Mag With The .44 Mag In A Lever Action

 I own several Lever Actions, and love all of them. 

However I have to admit my last Lever purchase has become my favorite. That's my Henry All Steel Carbine with the side loading gate in .357 Mag. I had wanted one for quite a while, but it wasn't until 2021 that they added the side loading gate. Prior to that it loaded through an opening in the front of the magazine tube. Not very efficient, and if you need to reload it required unlatching and sliding the inner Brass tube most of the way out of the exterior outer tube.

The caliber decision was easy to make. While it was offered in 6 different revolver calibers. Having shot the Rossi Lever Action in various .38 loading's, I decided on the .357.  In the Carbine configuration the gun has a 16 Inch barrel and the overall length of just over 34". 

I've fired Levers in both the .357 and the .44 Mag loads and I have to say that they are impressive. Especially in terms of muzzle blast and decibels. A little bit too much so for in-home defensive usage. Or at least I think so. YMMV

In any event, enough of my Lever gun musing's, and let's get down to another Lucky Gunner Ammo comparison.


 

A Quick Note Here:

Yeah, I know I'm more than a bit late today, but the Pollen count in my area has been ridiculous, and between the coughing, nasal congestion and sinus headache, I'm freaking dying here.


No comments: