Sunday, August 28, 2022

Sunday With Blackthorn - Today We Compare The Beretta CX4 Storm 9MM Carbine To The Ruger PC9 Carbine

 I've been shooting both of these 9mm carbines as rentals at various target ranges for years. Mostly the Ruger because it's more common. Yesterday I grabbed my son and we trekked out of state to our favorite range and they had the Beretta available. 

It's been a few years since I shot one last and I have to say, I'd forgotten how good this little carbine was. The balance, handling and weight of the Beretta really does put the Ruger to shame. The gun is just a natural pointer with iron sights, but yesterday the one I rented had a red dot sight which was a gift to my aging eyes. 

Now as much as I like the Ruger, it comes in second place in my personal opinion. Of course living in NYC,  the Ruger, due to it's physical design is legal. However the Beretta due to the pistol grip stock is not. 

Such is life. The following three videos will give you both a good insight into the Beretta in general, and also a side by side Comparison of the two PCC's.






No comments: