Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Not Quite A Review Of The Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot Sight

When the the Red Dot Holographic sights first came out, I was not a fan. What If you bang it, what if the battery dies, I shoot just fine with the iron sights (whether factory or aftermarket) etc. Well, that was over 15 years ago and with age comes not just wisdom, but aging eyesight.

I finally broke down about 7 or 8 years ago and decided to try one out. I wasn't going to spend hundreds on one of the top tier 'tactical operator' type sights. Hey, you all know I'm cheap that way. I decided that I would find one and put it on my Ruger 10/22 just to see what it would be like. After doing some searches for reviews online, and weighing cost vs how much use I would get from it, I decided on the Bushnell TRS-25. I've had it now about 7 years and I have to say, I have no complaints, it has definitely made putting the rounds where I want them a lot easier,and I've only had to replace the battery once.

Now I know this is not much of a scientific review, but I honestly have nothing negative to say about the TRS-25. I've gone to ranges where I was able to rent various other long-guns and they had the TRS-25 mounted on them. I will note that the ones I rented were all Pistol Caliber Carbines.

Which brings me to my only caveat. I don't know how well TRS-25 would hold up being mounted on a rifle or carbine that fired full sized rifle/carbine cartridges. 

So, having said that, if you have either a .22lr carbine or rifle that you use for target practice, or a Pistol Caliber Carbine for defensive purposes, especially in an urban environment, you should give the TRS-25 a look.

And that's my 2cents worth on the TRS-25.

The videos below gives a good description of how well the TRS-25 functions on a Ruger 10/22. and a Ruger PC9.

 


 



No comments: