Thursday, April 8, 2021

MMA Fighter Disqualified For Striking Oppponenet In back of Head At Base Of The Skull

 I have never seen an MMA match stopped and one of the participants Disqualified for an illegal strike. In all honesty, The guy Lapicus turned his head and Alvarez might not have realized it. Which is probably why the ref didn't step in until Alvarez threw the 5th shot.

Now the reason I'm showing this is that it took several minutes for the decision to DQ Alvarez, and even then Lapicus was still flat on his back and appeared to be out of it.

Which brings me back to a point that I've made here before, dirty strikes do work, regardless of what many Combat athletes and proponents of MMA based self defense instructors say. Although I have to agree that it is easier to deliver foul strikes if you're able to gain an advantageous position first.

Alvarez vs Lapicus April 7, 2021

https://twitter.com/i/status/1379982671892279296

No comments: