Sunday, August 18, 2019

W.E. Fairbairns Lesser Known Edged Weapon Design - Another Article by Phil 'Bristolbloke' Matthews

Well, any fans of WW2 arms, and edged weapons in particular, know about the Fairbairn-Sykes Commando Dagger, and about the Smatchet. The Smatchet being a sort of a cross between a machete and a very large knife. What most haven't heard about is an improved/upgraded version of the Smatchet called the Fairsword. Now I'm not going to go into any details about it myself. However I am going to link to another article written by Phil "Bristolbloke" Matthews who wrote the article I posted yesterday about the Life of W.E. Fairbairn.

If you're an afficionado of WW2 military history with a bent towards the Special operations groups of the Allied Forces, I hope you'll like this article by Phil as much as the last one.

http://combatives.forumotion.com/t3150-the-fairsword-by-phil-matthews

No comments: