Wednesday, June 26, 2019

And South Of The Border Down in Old Mexico

Crime continues apace.

It's been a while since I did a Blog Post about conditions down in Mexico, and the article that I'm linking to below that I just read motivated me to have at it once again. The primary topic is kidnapping down in Mexico and how the targets, and financial motivations behind it are not what you would think.

I was surprised at the factors that have caused a major rise in abductions since 2005. Considering that we (the USA) share a 2,200 mile long common border with Mexico and are currently dealing with immigrants entering the country illegally, drug smuggling, Cartel violence, as well as legal trade issues, I think discussing what's driving these problems is a good fit for the Blog.

In any event, read the article, it's pretty interesting.

https://www.vox.com/2018/5/11/17276638/mexico-kidnappings-crime-cartels-drug-trade

No comments: