Thursday, July 19, 2018

More on Combatives Training - Use Of The BOB Training Dummy

In a recent Previous Blog Post;

http://wwwblackthorn.blogspot.com/2018/06/combatives-and-use-of-force-on-force.html


I talked about the value of adding Force On Force to your Combatives training. I also talked about drilling with partners, and on BOB training dummies.

The BOB training dummy gets a lot of bad press from other self defense styles. I'm going to save myself some typing time by referencing an article from another website. It's concise and to the point, and gives all the reasons why a BOB training dummy makes a practical addition to the striking portions your training program whatever style it may be.

I'd also like to point out that whenever some style other than Combatives decides to deride the BOB Dummy, they never seem to criticize training with the heavy bag. Not to mention that you will find a BOB or Spar-Pro training dummy in virtually every MMA gym around.

If anybody has a reason for why that is, feel free to let me know.

http://themartialist.net/is-it-stupid-to-train-on-a-body-opponent-bag-bob

No comments: