Saturday, October 3, 2026

Fighting Dirty From The Netherlands UC Website

 Right up front, I am not a big proponent of biting an attacker. In the age of blood borne pathogens, the last thing I want is the blood of someone with HIV or Hepatitis, or some other infectious disease in my mouth. Furthermore, biting is not a reliable way of ending an altercation. 

Having said that, biting used as a means to help you gain an advantage by way of causing a momentary startle response from an attacker that allows you escape or transition to a better position or to get to a personal protection device can be achieved by it's use.

 


https://wwwblackthorn.blogspot.com/search?q=Biting


For further reading you can click the link to a previous Blog post I made back in 2018. Unfortunately all but one of the Youtube videos that were originally linked to for the post are no longer there. I believe they were removed a a year or two ago by Youtube  as not being socially acceptable because thy were actual videos of real altercations where biting was actually use by one person against another. The one remaining video is of Mike Tyson biting Evander Holyfields ear during a boxing match

The video above is available because it is a training video, and not actual footage.

No comments: